Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System Specifications
*Once the locking block is screwed and fixed, it does not loosen or unlock by itself.
*During the procedure, in order to re-apply tension, loosening the screw of the locking block is enough. Thus, OR time is shortened.
*The long band option allows multi-winding using a single locking block and thus, bone fragments on a wider surface can be covered and the use of unnecessary cable is prevented.
- Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System is manufactured from Medical Degree Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene material.
- For Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System, very thin fibers are woven in the form of bands with a width of 5 mm and 6 mm to form a multifilament material.
- *By means of its wide cross section, it eliminates single-point stress.
- *Pressure on bone tissue is distributed and thus decreased thanks to the wide surface of the band.
- *By means of its wide surface, it is more reliable in osteoporotic bones when compared to metal cables or cerclage wires.
- *Each band has a load carrying capacity of over 1600 N. (4 bands=6400 N)
- *It does not lead to metal debris that scatter within the body and are caused by metal cables.
- *Thanks to its blunt tip, it neither harms soft tissue nor poses a threat for the surgeon during application.
- *It does not cause tissue damage as the metal wires during and after surgery.
- *It minimises metal corrosion in bone structure.
- *Besides, it eliminates the risk of surgical glove perforation.
- *Since there are no metal cables contacting metal implants, it eliminates the risk of galvanic reaction of incompatible metals.
- *The hospital does not need to store cables of various materials (stainless steel, titanium, cobalt chrome etc.).
Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System is highly flexible, it can be manipulated easily.
- *It does not lead to complications resulting from tearing and breakage since it has a higher elastic modulus when compared to metal cables and wires.
- *Its flexible structure ensures a long-term dynamic compression on fragments.
- *It offers the opportunity for faster recovery and more structural resistance.
- *It has a high load carrying capacity.
- *Since the bands are manufactured from UHMWPE material, they are radiolucent and thus, the position of the fragments and the process for the union of the fracture can be followed-up more easily in the intra- and post-operational x-ray.
- In Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System, thanks to the patented torque applicable tensioner, it is ensured that the fragments are brought closer easily at the appropriate tension. It provides a simple, effective and easy-to-use surgery with only 5 instruments.
- In Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System, a patented locking block that is manufactured from highly biocompatible (TI-6AL-4V-ELI) alloy, and with a low and standard profile is available.
- *It is MRI compatible.
In Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System, the bands with a width of 5 mm and 6 mm are available in the following lengths as pre-assembled with the low profile locking block and in ready-to use sterile packs:
Besides, bands with a width of 6 mm preassembled with the standard profile locking block in the above mentioned lengths are available.
Ortolog General Catalog
Ortholox® UHMWPE Cerclage Band System Catalog